Launched in 2004, Education Pioneers’ flagship Graduate School Fellowship is a career and leadership development program designed for exceptional, diverse leaders with graduate-level training to lead important education work.
Whether you’re exploring education for the first time, transitioning into the sector, or looking to fast-track your current education career, Education Pioneers will match you with a leadership opportunity that makes a difference.
Meaningful Full-Time Work
EP connects you with a full-time consulting role where your business, education, law, or policy expertise will make an impact for a leading education organization and for students. Our 2015 program begins in June 2015, with 10-week summer and yearlong placements.
What You'll Do
- Fellows use the skills they’ve cultivated through previous work experience and coursework to fill a critical need for an education organization. You could create strategic expansion plans, manage organization operations, design professional development or classroom curricula, recommend policies, or so much more. No matter what your project, your work will help organizations advance their missions, plan for growth, or tackle other important work they couldn’t take on otherwise. Meanwhile, you’ll discover your potential leadership role in education.
Where You'll Work
- EP places Fellows at 200 partner organizations located in 20 cities across the country. We match leaders with high-need opportunities in school districts, charter management organizations, nonprofits, government agencies, and more. Learn more about where we work.
Professional Development with Diverse Cohorts
EP offers a seven-part workshop series with a powerful learning curriculum that exposes you to new fields of thought and engages the diverse backgrounds of our pioneers. Nearly all Fellows cite the cohort as one of their favorite aspects of the EP experience.
What You’ll Learn
- EP’s full-day workshops cover important topics in urban education, such as the opportunity gap, technology in education, portfolio strategy, and human capital. Our pioneers also hear directly from prominent education leaders who serve as guest speakers to build our Fellows' knowledge and network. New to education? These workshops will help you learn the critical issues education organizations face. Already worked in education? You’ll get exposed to new viewpoints and case studies.
Who You'll Meet
- Fellows participate in programming with a cohort of talented peers. Your cohort could include former teachers, consultants, policymakers, and more. Some will have backgrounds in education and others won’t. All of our leaders bring unique, valuable perspectives and experiences to the conversation. Meet our Fellows & Alumni.
The Education Pioneers Network
An EP Fellowship is far more than just a consultancy. We prepare our Alumni for permanent leadership and management education careers. As part of our nationwide network of 2,500+ leaders, EP leaders grow their networks exponentially and get connected to permanent opportunities post-Fellowship. Learn about the power of our network.
The 10-week summer placement offers a $7,000 stipend, and the yearlong placement offers a $50,000-$80,000 salary range.
Make Your Mark
The Graduate School Fellowship might be right for you if…
- You believe it's possible for us to build an education system where every student is prepared to succeed.
- You believe in the power of leadership and management to help achieve that vision.
- You've developed expertise during your professional career that would be an asset to an ambitious organization – and that could be in strategy, finance, operations, marketing, education, or a variety of other functions.
- You have experience leading projects indepedently and making smart recommendations.
- You’re inspired by big challenges and are ready to hit the ground running in a short time frame.
- Most importantly, you can’t wait to leverage your career to make a positive difference in the world.