Final round applications for the 2015 Analyst Fellowship are due May 1.
Data is critical to inform the decisions that are made in schools, districts, education nonprofits, and other organizations whose work affects students.
Launched in 2010 to ensure leading education organizations have the analytic capacity they need, the Education Pioneers Analyst Fellowship is a career and leadership development program that matches data-savvy professionals with critical opportunities to make a difference.
Whether you’re brand new to education or already working there, the Analyst Fellowship ensures that your data and analytic skills will make an impact where they are needed most.
Meaningful Full-Time Work
EP connects you with a 10-month, full-time work placement within an education organization where you’ll lead or support strategic, analytically driven work. The 2015 program runs from September 2015 – July 2016.
What You'll Do
- Fellows use the analytic skills they’ve cultivated through previous work experience to collect and interpret data to make strategic recommendations across departments and organizations. Past Fellows have tackled important initiatives like student achievement dashboards, teacher compensation systems, resource allocation, and more. As you’re advancing important data-driven work, you’ll discover the variety of ways you can advance a career in education.
Where You'll Work
- EP places Fellows at 200 partner organizations located in 20 cities across the country. We match leaders with high-need opportunities in school districts, charter management organizations, nonprofits, government agencies, and more. Learn more about where we work.
Professional Development with Diverse Cohorts
EP offers five multi-day workshops (we call them “convenings”) with a powerful learning curriculum that exposes you to new fields of thought and engages the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our pioneers. Nearly all Fellows cite the cohort as one of their favorite aspects of the EP experience.
What You’ll Learn
- Convenings cover key topics in urban education to expand your knowledge and inform your work. New to education? The convenings help you become conversant and credible in education circles. Already worked in education? You’ll get exposed to new viewpoints and perspectives.
Who You'll Meet
- Fellows participate in programming with a close-knit cohort of talented peers. Some will have backgrounds in education, but many others won’t. In 2013, 48% of our Analyst Fellowship class came directly from a consulting, finance, technology, or insurance background. All of our leaders bring unique, valuable perspectives and experiences to the conversation. Meet our Fellows & Alumni.
Graduate School Opportunities
As an Analyst Fellow, you will be eligible for fee waivers, scholarships, and deferrals with select partner graduate schools. Learn more.
The Education Pioneers Network
An Analyst Fellowship is far more than just a 10-month experience. EP prepares our Alumni for permanent leadership and management education careers. As part of our nationwide network of 2,500 leaders and 200 education organizations, our pioneers grow their networks exponentially and get connected to permanent opportunities post-Fellowship. Learn about the power of our network.
The Analyst Fellowship includes a $45,000 salary (or $54,000 annualized) along with health benefits.
Make Your Mark
The Analyst Fellowship might be right for you if…
- You believe that every student in every classroom deserves an excellent education.
- You know that data is a powerful force to inform strategies, recommendations, and decisions.
- You’re curious about the many ways data can be used to increase the quality of public education.
- You have experience leading projects and analysis independently in any field.
- You’re motivated by big challenges, are energetic, and able to work independently.
- Most importantly, you can’t wait to use your data smarts and analytic skills to make a positive difference in the world.