The Fellowship's summer track is a 10-week summer experience that previews the impact you can make in the education sector and lays the foundation you need to become a lifelong leader.
Applications for the 2017 summer track are now open!
Apply today »
The Fellowship helped me bring my skills and passion together to expand education opportunities for all students.
Summer Track Overview
LEAD: 10 Week Placement (June – August)
Find your path with EP. The summer track connects Fellows with a high-impact placement opportunity at a leading education organization, where you can drive critical work on a defined project over 10 consecutive weeks. You’re matched with a placement opportunity based on your history of experience and the skills our Partner organizations need – so you can jump right in and make an immediate impact. We focus on four priority experience areas: data and analysis, operations, strategy and planning, and program and project management. Preview what full-time work in the education sector can look like—and see the role you could play throughout your career.
LEARN: Structured Summer Programming
Your placement will be supported by professional development that will help you understand the why’s and how’s of our work to transform education. With a local cohort of peers, Fellows participate in regular workshops and other learning opportunities throughout the summer. Develop the K-12 knowledge and leadership mindsets you need to have a sustained career in education.
CONNECT: Summer Cohort, Network for Life
Your EP experience will be far more than just a summer internship. You’ll build deep relationships with peers in your local summer cohort, and get access to more than 3,000 EP Alumni nationwide. We build the connections that will expand your personal and professional network, expose you to new ways of thinking, and ultimately launch a high-impact career.
The 10-week summer placement offers a $7,200 stipend.
Timeline & Process Overview
● Apply by December 19, 2016 for priority round consideration
● Complete 1:1 and group interviews between December - February
● Become a finalist for matching & placement in March
● Placements and programming between June - August 2017
Make Your Mark
The summer track might be right for you if...
- You're a current graduate student seeking a meaningful summer experience.
- You're entering graduate school in the fall and want to get diverse pre-graduate school experience.
- You’re a professional looking to explore the education space and make a career transition with a short-term opportunity.
Looking for a full-time job or long-term role? Learn more about the career track.
- Download the Education Pioneers Fellowship brochure
- Attend an Education Pioneers event
- Learn more about how to apply
Stay in Touch
Interested in learning more? Let us know some basic information about you, and we’ll be in touch!