Education Pioneers is looking for emerging and established leaders who have the skill sets, mindsets, and passion to transform education for our nation’s students. Do you have what it takes to be an Education Pioneer?
Applications for the 2016 Education Pioneers Fellowship are now open!
We are currently accepting applications for the summer track only. Career track applications will be accepted beginning in early November.
The multi-step Fellowship selection process helps us identify applicants who meet our eligibility guidelines, have the potential to drive impact for our partner organizations, and can contribute meaningfully to our network.
- Submit personal information, academic and work history
- Complete 2 short answer questions (300 words)
- Upload resume: PDF format preferred
- Complete a 60 - 75 minute in-person or phone interview with an EP staff member or alumnus/a.
- Answer questions regarding your professional & academic experience, what skills you bring to the table, your interest in K-12 education reform, and learn more about the value of an Education Pioneers Fellowship.
- Ensure your two references submit the Online Recommendation Form after you’ve completed your interview.
Group Interview (summer track only)
- Attend a 2 - 3 hour session with other candidates being considered for the summer track
- Work in teams on a case study involving current issues in K-12 education
- Interact with EP staff and alumni
Final Admissions Notification and Placement Process
- Learn about opportunities with our partner organizations that align with your skill set and experience.
2016 Application Timelines
Summer Track Timeline
Follow this timeline for consideration in the 2016 Education Pioneers Fellowship summer track, which begins in June 2016.
|Steps||Priority Round Deadline||Final Round Deadline|
December 16, 2015
Learn if you’re advancing to an In-Depth Interview by January 8
February 12, 2016
Learn if you’re advancing to an In-Depth Interview by February 24
December - January
Learn if you’re advancing to a Group Interview by February 1
February - March
Learn if you’re advancing to a Group Interview by March 11
|Group Interview||February 10 - February 24||March 21 - 31|
|Final Admissions Notification||By March 4, 2016||By April 15, 2016|
Career Track Timeline
The timeline for the 2016 Education Pioneers Fellowship career track will be released in November 2015 when the application opens. Please note that applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis; placements begin throughout the year.
Education Pioneers Fellows come from a variety of personal and professional backgrounds. There is no one formula that will guarantee your admission into our program. In fact, we pride ourselves on crafting diverse cohorts that bring different experiences and perspectives together. We also strive to identify leaders who represent the communities in which we work.
The most competitive Fellowship applicants meet our eligibility guidelines:
Applicants are required to have earned an undergraduate degree by the time of their application.
- Summer track only: Applicants are strongly preferred to have earned a graduate degree or be enrolled in a graduate school program by the start of the 2016 academic year (September 2016).
- Applicants are strongly preferred to have at least two years of full-time professional experience (40 hours a week), which excludes undergraduate summer work or internships.
- Education Pioneers and its partners do not sponsor employment-based visas. Fellows are required to be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis (40 hours a week) for the duration of their employment. For the summer track, Fellows must be authorized to work in the U.S. from June – August 2016.