Education Pioneers is looking for emerging and established leaders who have the skill sets, mindsets, and passion to transform education for our nation’s students. Do you have what it takes to be an Education Pioneer?
The application for the 2016 Education Pioneers Fellowship career track is open!
We are now accepting applications for the career track. If you would like to be notified when the summer track application reopens, please complete this form.
The multi-step Fellowship selection process helps us identify applicants who meet our eligibility guidelines, have the potential to drive impact for our partner organizations, and can contribute meaningfully to our network.
- Submit personal information, academic and work history
- Complete 2 short answer questions (300 words)
- Upload resume: PDF format preferred
- Complete a 60 - 75 minute in-person or phone interview with an EP staff member or alumnus/a.
- Answer questions regarding your professional & academic experience, what skills you bring to the table, your interest in K-12 education reform, and learn more about the value of an Education Pioneers Fellowship.
- Ensure your two references submit the Online Recommendation Form after you’ve completed your interview.
Group Interview (summer track only)
- Attend a 2 - 3 hour session with other candidates being considered for the summer track
- Work in teams on a case study involving current issues in K-12 education
- Interact with EP staff and alumni
Final Admissions Notification and Placement Process
- Learn whether you’ll be considered for opportunities in our matching and placement process.
- Get connected with projects or roles at our Partner organizations that align with your skill set and experience.
- You may be asked to complete additional exercises (like an analytic exercise) and/or interviews with Partner organizations as part of the placement process.
- Once your placement is confirmed, you’ll officially become a Fellow!
2016 Application Timelines
Summer Track Timeline
Follow this timeline for consideration in the 2016 Education Pioneers Fellowship summer track, which begins in June 2016.
|Priority Round Deadline||Final Round Deadline|
December 16, 2015
Learn if you’re advancing to an In-Depth Interview by January 8
February 12, 2016
Learn if you’re advancing to an In-Depth Interview by February 24
December - January
Learn if you’re advancing to a Group Interview by February 1
February - March
Learn if you’re advancing to a Group Interview by March 11
February 10 - February 26*
*If you advance from the in-depth interview, you’ll receive your invitation to one of the Group Interviews above by February 1. You are assigned to a location based on the address you submitted in the contact section of your application. Please contact us if the address you submitted on your application is not where you'll be physically located in February.
March 18 - 23*
*If you advance from the in-depth interview, you’ll receive your invitation to one of the Group Interviews above by March 11. You are assigned to a location based on the address you submitted in the contact section of your application. Please contact us if the address you submitted on your application is not where you'll be physically located in March.
|Final Admissions Notification||March||April|
Career Track Timeline
Applications for the career track are accepted and considered on a rolling basis. There are no fixed application deadlines for the career track, but applicants must complete our entire admissions process (approximately 6 weeks) before being considered for any placement opportunities.
You may use the table below as a rough guideline for submitting an application.
|Available to start a new role by March 2016||Available to start a new role by June 2016||Available to start a new role by September 2016|
|Online Application||Complete by end of January||Complete by end of April||Complete by end of July|
|In-Depth Interview||Interview in December or January||Interview within 2 - 4 weeks of submitting your application||Interview within 2 - 4 weeks of submitting your application|
|Final Admissions Notification||Learn if you’re advancing to matching and placement within 2 - 3 weeks of your interview.|
|Matching & Placement||
Placements are available on a rolling basis, beginning in February 2016. You may be required to complete additional exercises and/or interviews if you are matched with a Partner for a potential placement.*
Interested Partner organizations will make you an employment offer to confirm your placement, directly.
* EP offers an optional quantitative exercise to allow data-savvy professionals to demonstrate analytic abilities, helping you qualify for more data-focused, full-time roles with our Partners. We recommend that all candidates who are interested in being considered for analytic roles complete this exercise.
|Cohort||Fellows join a cohort following their placement confirmation date. More details about your specific cohort will be shared once you receive your placement.|
|June 2016 cohort||September 2016 cohort|
Please note if you are not matched with a Partner during a given period, you will continue to be considered for future opportunities.
Education Pioneers Fellows come from a variety of personal and professional backgrounds. There is no one formula that will guarantee your admission into our program. In fact, we pride ourselves on crafting diverse cohorts that bring different experiences and perspectives together. We also strive to identify leaders who represent the communities in which we work.
The most competitive Fellowship applicants meet our eligibility guidelines:
Applicants are required to have earned an undergraduate degree by the time of their application.
- Summer track only: Applicants are strongly preferred to have earned a graduate degree or be enrolled in a graduate school program by the start of the 2016 academic year (September 2016).
- Applicants are strongly preferred to have at least two years of full-time professional experience (40 hours a week), which excludes undergraduate summer work or internships.
- Education Pioneers and its partners do not sponsor employment-based visas. Fellows are required to be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis (40 hours a week) for the duration of their employment. For the summer track, Fellows must be authorized to work in the U.S. from June – August 2016.
Preparing to Apply
Build a Strong Resume
Your resume is a critical piece of your application to Education Pioneers. We strongly encourage you to review the following resources to ensure that you are submitting an exemplary resume to Education Pioneers.
- See what a great resume looks like.
- Use our resume template to improve your resume before applying.
- Review our “Guide to a Great Resume” to get insights on how to craft an impressive resume.