Pacific Charter School Development
Organization Function:Charter Management Organization/Charter School
Education Pioneers Partnership Opportunities In:
About Pacific Charter School Development
Pacific is a non-profit real estate development organization providing low-cost facilities to high-quality charter schools.
- The focus of Pacific's efforts is underserved inner city students.
- They find, finance, and build schools in neighborhoods with chronically overcrowded and underperforming schools.
- Projects allow constituent charter schools to concentrate their time, money and efforts on classroom instruction rather than classroom construction.
Creating schools for urban children
To date Pacific has created 15 schools on 10 campuses serving over 5,000 students. They expect to serve over 20,000 students throughout California by 2010
Education Pioneers Projects
- Oversaw development of new school sites, assisted in critical path tracking, budget management and team coordination
- Managed development of 3 sites for ICEF Public Schools
Alumni working for this organization
- Scott Thomas, Project Manager