Become a Partner: Program Details
"Our Fellow’s work to develop our per-pupil funding formula for schools and to create a simple, user-friendly budget planning tool for principals will serve as the foundation for how we allocate and plan resources for our schools for years to come."
—Jeff Kang, Fellow, Urban Schools Capital Academy (Former Fiscal Officer, Office of the CFO, Prince George’s County Public Schools
"Due in part to the exceptional work done by our Analyst Fellow, the New Teacher Center received a major grant to improve and broaden the reach of the online mentoring they provide to nearly 50,000 teachers nationwide."
—Julie Mikuta, Partner, NewSchools Venture Fund
The Graduate School Fellowship: 10 Weeks or One Year of Exceptional Work
Results from the 2012 Graduate School Fellowship:
- 92% of Partners rated the overall quality of Fellows' work as excellent or good
- 92% of Partners rated the quality of the final product delivered as excellent or good
- 95% of Partners strongly agreed or agreed that Fellows' skill set were aligned with their projects
The Graduate School Fellowship - with 10-week summer and yearlong options - provides our Partners with the best graduate school students and recent graduates from our nation's top business, education, policy and law programs who have the skills and experience to advance and complete strategic initiatives during a focused timeframe.
Our Partners estimate that it would cost them nearly 50% more to identify, recruit, and compensate a 10-week consultant with a skill set similar to that of one of our Fellows.
Past Fellow Projects Include:
- Managing a $600,000 charter school facility renovation
- Analyzing teacher retention and creating teacher retention strategy
- Developing strategic plans and curriculum
- Performing financial and student achievement data analyses
The Analyst Fellowship: 10 Months of Analytic Expertise
To meet the demand for more analytic talent in education, the 10-month Analyst Fellowship identifies early career professionals who have at least two years of work experience at top-tier private-sector firms and have demonstrated exceptional analytic, quantitative and project management skills. We place Analyst Fellows with Partner organizations in select locations, where they lead and manage strategic, data-based projects.
Past Analyst Fellow Projects Include:
- Student achievement analysis
- Program evaluation
- Strategic Planning
- Talent management evaluation
- Partners provide a well-scoped, mission-critical project and experienced supervisor for a high-achieving graduate student.
- Partners actively participate in and contribute to the Education Pioneers experience
- Partners complete and submit Partner Application and Partnership Agreement for each of the desired Fellowship programs by the stated deadlines
View our Alumni bios to learn more about our Fellows' backgrounds, placements, projects and what they're doing now.