Thomas B. Fordham Institute
Organization Function: Ed Support Org - Policy/Research/Think Tanks
Fellows Placed In: DC Metro Area
About Thomas B. Fordham Institute
The Thomas B. Fordham Foundation advances the reform of American education by:
- engaging in solid research and provocative analysis;
- disseminating information and ideas that shape the debate;
- supporting quality schools and organizations in Dayton, in Ohio, and across the nation;
- sponsoring charter schools in Ohio and building their academic excellence; and
- informing policy makers at every level about promising solutions to pressing education problems.
The Thomas B. Fordham Institute is a non-profit think tank, based in Washington DC and Ohio and dedicated to advancing educational excellence in America's elementary and secondary schools. We promote policies that strengthen academic standards and accountability, boost school effectiveness, and expand quality options. In Ohio, we also do on-the-ground work on school reform, including sponsoring (a.k.a. authorizing) charter schools.
Fordham is one of the nation's leading voices on education policy. Our website receives more traffic than our peers; a 2006 study found us among the most influential groups in this realm; and the media quote us more frequently than almost any other education organization.
Alumni working for this organization
Jamie Davies O'Leary, Senior Ohio Policy Analyst & Associate Editor